Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Evie's refashioned pants



Evie's pants are all getting a bit short, so it was time to think about making some more. I wanted to get some tan/beige corduroy for some plain pants that go with everything, so I was thinking that rather than traipsing around fabric shops that would take some effort to get to without a car, I'd see if I could find some suitable coloured adult pants in an op shop, and refashion them. And that I did. I found the perfect pair for $4 (half price orange ticket, so I was lucky!). I cut out the pants from a pattern, and all I had to do was sew up the crutch seam, make a casing for waistband elastic, put elastic in, and sew some pockets on the back. Voila, a new pair of pants. All I need to do now is to wash them to get the op shop smell out.

1 comment:

Donna said...

you are a very clever mama... they are so cute!