Wednesday, November 7, 2012

3 more sleeps

 3 more sleeps until the Ashby Primary School Market Day.  1 more sleep until Andrew comes home from a 10 day work trip to the USA and UK.  Yay, I'm a little tired of solo parenting right now!
 I think this is the last item I will be making for the market.  Another tablecloth dress in size 5 this time.  It was a gorgeous cream linen tablecloth with subtle lemon and mint green embroidery, begging to be made into a dress.  I've used a reproduction cotton print in vintage yellow with little flowers on it for the back and sleeves.  This is one way to make bigger sized tablecloth dresses- tablecloths aren't always big enough for bigger dresses unfortunately.  I meant to cut this one out as a size 6, but had started cutting when I realised I was cutting a size 5.  Oh well.
After I said I don't find nice tablecloths very often, of course I find a few.   Maybe people are having a bit of a spring clean and declutter.

No comments: