Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cuttin' down on plastic

I've been gradually culling our plastic food containers, and replacing them with either pyrex, or stainless steel. I've never been a fan of cling wrap either, so I don't think we'll buy any more when our current roll runs out- probably a few years! I think we're onto our 3rd roll since we've been married (6 years now) We pretty much have only wooden or cloth toys, so it was a relief when all the worries of pthalates and BPA, lead etc in toys came to light, but made me want to reduce the amount of plastic in the kitchen. It's just a shame that a lot of food from the supermarket comes in plastic, I'm keeping an eye out more for food in glass jars, which makes the food safer, but also gives you a reusable container.
I just had to show a pic of a basket I picked up at the Salvo's yesterday- I always look at the baskets when I go to an op shop, mostly, they're crappy ones, but this one was a score. And yes, I lugged it home while pushing the girls in the pusher :) I might use it for dress ups and playsilks.

No comments: