Sunday, August 8, 2010

second hand finds

Evie's hemp/cotton Bird Textiles pants- made from a pre-loved skirt and remnant fabric

I had a good week with second hand finds this week, in keeping with my ethical clothing pledge. First up was a Country Road hemp/cotton denim skirt that I purchased rather cheaply on Ebay, and have promptly made into some pants for Evie, with some gorgeous Bird Textiles pockets and cuff trim (while Evie was having a sleepover last night- Andrew is in USA at the moment, it's nice to have a night with just one babe). A little while ago I bought a remnant pack from Bird Textile (Australia's first carbon neutral busines), and hadn't decided quite what to do with these precious pieces of fabric. I think I'll also make some little peasant dresses in indigo hemp denim, with Bird Textiles sleeves. Bird Textiles has recently added a craft section to their shop, with fat quarters, bias binding, and a few craft kits, for those interested in DIY, I find the remnant packs to be good value for money though.
I also got some great jeans for $5 (there were 2 more pairs exactly the same for $10 each, but they were gone when I went back :( and a pair of Peter Alexander PJ's the same as some I once owned and loved, they are also in great condition.

1 comment:

softearthart said...

Always good to spot a bargain and then create something cool from it, cheers Marie