Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

I tried out the chocolate and zucchini cake recipe today (another medium sized zucchini used up!) from here. It turned out pretty well, and the girls loved it for dessert...wrapping a vegetable in chocolate always helps! There it is with a couple of loaves of bread I made today as well. I feel very domesticated when I bake a few things in a day, especially when I can pop a few things into the freezer for another day. So I've made zucchini bread (one eaten, one in the freezer), sausage rolls with zucchini in them, chopped up 5 zucchini into a bag and froze them, then the chocolate zucchini cake today. I gave a couple to my parents, so I have used up most of the ones in my fridge, but I'll bet there's more ready to pick. Next I'll make curried veggie pasties, with potato, carrots and zucchini. Thanks for the generous supply of free range eggs Bec, my guess is you guys will be eating a lot of zucchini slice!

No comments: