Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Solar Powered nappies

After I'd hung a load of nappies on the clothesline this afternoon, it occurred to me that I'd just washed the nappies in solar hot water (most of my washing is done in cold water, nappies in warm), in a washing machine powered by the sun, and they were now drying in the sun. Very satisfying, it's the small things that make me happy! Even better if we had harvested our own water, but that's our next eco house project- one or two slimline tanks to be plumbed to the toilet and washing machine.

2 comments:

cherie said...

That is so awesome :)
I cant wait til we can get our solar panels done

Alicia said...

Isn't it Cherie! How exciting that you're getting some too, lots of people seem to be getting them now, a great step in the right direction!