Monday, September 9, 2013

How satisfying

To bake what my girls call "sultana bread", with eggs from our chooks, buttermilk left over from making butter, and very local honey bought at a sustainable house day location around the corner from us yesterday.  Now it can be spread with some home made butter.  The girls have been requesting sultana bread, and with the school holidays coming up, a bit of baking in advance was due.  Most of this will go in the freezer.  I'll get to eat some of this as I have to eat gluten for a month so I can have the Coeliac test.  It's made of spelt, so hopefully it won't make me feel too bad.
The Araucana chickens started to lay again, as soon as the first whiff of spring arrived, so we have gorgeous blue eggs again.  This time of year seems so busy, with lots of gardening jobs to do, on top of all the other things that need to be done, and so many birthdays!  Blogging is a bit sporadic, I'm hoping I'll be a bit better at it next year when both my girls are at school.

2 comments:

Frogdancer said...

I had 2 araucana chooks. One laid blue eggs; the other laid off-white ones.
Guess which one the fox took?

Sharon said...

The bread looks delicious would love the recipe