Friday, December 9, 2011

Quick change trousers


I'm a bit slow off the mark with the quick change trousers pattern, I'd admired these cute little reversible pants for a good while. I finally bought a copy of Handmade Beginnings by Anna Maria Horner (I've been on the waiting list at the library for a while), and I whipped these up today. I didn't have many fabrics in my stash that were big enough, or co-ordinated, so I had to just use what I could find. I didn't want to use my absolute best fabrics, as I wasn't sure of the fit of the 18-24 month size on my nearly 3 year old. I think they fit pretty well, though they'd be a bit tight if there was a nappy (cloth) under there. A lot of fabric co-ordinating fun could be had with these babies!

2 comments:

Vic said...

I have that book & pledged to make some of those pants before Spence was born... *coughs*

I think that's all we need to say about that... ;)

Alicia said...

They're too cute on a toddler, Vic, make 'em before it's too late! Trace pattern one day, cut fabric the next, start sewing! Bite it off into manageable chunks, and you'll get there in the end.