Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Missus Moonshine

I thought I should explain my blog name. No, I'm not into illegal brewing. It's just a name I came up with as a brand name for my soap some years ago. I don't use the name anymore, I don't use a name at all now. But it's hard naming a blog when every name you think of has already been taken. Or your husband is coming up with names with a German theme (I'm not German, never been there either). So there you go.
I've been making soap since the year 2000, back when I was still living with my parents. I made up to 10 different varieties back then, now I stick to 3- Lavender & Oatmeal, Rose Geranium & Patchouli, and Peppermint & Lavender. I make about 3 or so batches per year which keeps us in soap, and is good for gifts (I slip one into Etsy packages when I'm feeling generous. I sell some occasionally too.
I use the cold process method to make soap, and I only use vegetable oils, pure essential oils, herbs and clays for colouring. I use beeswax to make the soap a bit harder, it also makes it last longer. I've never had to buy soap since I left home, that is pretty satisfying :)

No comments: